Top 5 SEO Tips for your E-Commerce Site
If you plan to sell services or products online, ensuring that customers can find your business is essential.
It's not worth having a professional-looking website that sells top-quality products at incredible prices if no one can locate you when searching on the internet. The more highly you rank, the more favourable it will be to your business.
If your website is ranked first on a particular phrase, it'll receive ten more views than if it's tenth. The average click-through rate for sites on the second page of Google is lower than one per cent.
This is the point where your SEO efforts play a role. You will be able to rank higher in the search results, and customers will be more likely to locate you. The more visitors you receive, the more likely you are to generate sales.
Here are 5 ways to help you optimize the effectiveness of your SEO:
1. Find Relevant Keywords
Keywords are phrases users use to search for things online. These are the keywords you need to concentrate on in order to be found by prospective customers searching for your services.
It is possible to include the number of keyword phrases you'd like. However, it's essential to spread the word. The aim is to tell Google what the content of each page of your site is about so that it can be found in relevant queries. Do not focus on a variety of terms for each page. Instead, focus on one (or two) keywords for each product category or page.
But how do you choose the best words to use? Here are some suggestions:
· Begin by making a list of what you can provide and the related terms. For example, if you sell pet products, your list could comprise of "ID tags," "toy mice," or "dog food." These terms aren't necessarily specific.
· Next, you need to make sure you are a bit more specific. Ultimately, you're not likely to compete with the top players (like, for instance, Royal Canin or Petsmart) with generic terms like "dog food." Hone in on your distinctive product and distinguishing factors. For instance, certain keywords could include "non-GMO dog food for puppies" or "custom, hand-stitched dog tags."
· Be aware of the intent of the user – aka, the goal one has when looking on the internet. In the case of an e-commerce store, a suitable intention of a user is to purchase. Keywords can help you identify clues about the motives of every searcher. For instance, someone looking for "average pet store revenue" might seek information on starting their own business. Someone searching "pet stores with overnight shipping" most likely wants to buy something today. Using keywords that influence users to buy a product is the best strategy.
2. Write detailed product descriptions
Each page for a product should contain more than just a price, image, or title. It should also include in-depth information that "sells" the item to buyers and search engines.
Begin by thinking about the information your potential customers would find useful. Based on your product, it could include measurements and ingredients, age ranges, or even instructions.
Be sure to be specific. Does the aroma of your candle take you to a fall-themed forest? Do you think your dress is perfect for spending a night with friends? Do your blocks go with a STEM curriculum? Write about it.
If applicable, add the keywords you picked on each product page. Don't simply include them every time you can. Instead, use them naturally within the content you already write.
For example, if you sell a dark chocolate raspberry candy bar, don't write a description like:
"We sell dark chocolate raspberry candy bars. These dark chocolate candy bars consist of the highest quality Dutch-processed cocoa powder. If you're looking for this dark chocolate Raspberry candy bar, click below to buy."
Does this sound natural? Not at all. Keep in mind that you must concentrate on the visitors to your website first before you can implement success with your SEO strategy. Therefore, instead of writing the above, you could compose something like:
"Our Dark Chocolate Raspberry Candy Bar is ideal for those who appreciate a bold taste. Made from the highest quality chocolate powder processed in the Netherlands, it's packed with a delicious, gooey, tart raspberry jam that pops with each bite."
The description uses the word naturally, but it also aids shoppers in imagining exactly what it would be like to bite into the chocolate bar.
3. Your URL structure should be simple for engines to index
The first and most important thing is that good URLs deliver a superior user experience by giving users a glimpse of what the webpage is about. However, they also provide the same functionality for search engines.
Be sure to keep your URLs brief, simple, and clear. So, if you sell a French press, you want to avoid a product URL like example.com/store/products/374820/show. Instead, try something like example.com/machines/french-press. You'll be amazed at how user-friendly this is.
Also, you should include keywords where appropriate. Your primary goal should be the user experience. However, you might be able to incorporate an important keyword into the URL in a manner that flows well.
4. Utilize Google Ads to test your potential customers
Do you remember the significance of user intention? Suppose you will commit many hours and resources in rankings for a certain phrase. In that case, you'd like to discover that it only attracts visitors, not those interested in purchasing your products.
Pay for temporary placement is a fairly inexpensive method to evaluate the ranking value for a particular term. Google Ads is particularly useful in accomplishing this. Its Google Listings & Ads extension makes it easy to set up campaigns and track their performance.
Create an ad group using only a handful of hyper-specific keywords. Make sure to use brackets [ ] or quotes " " when using keywords in your website so a user can easily access the desired webpage when they put a specific keyword related to that product.
If you've got properly enabled conversions, you'll be able to discern whether the traffic gained by these keywords brings you customers that pay. Check the campaign results with your previous campaigns or store indicators to assess the quality of the traffic it generates.
If you're successful and profitable, you may continue running the paid advertising until you've achieved organic rankings and then achieve top rankings for nothing!
5. Make your site faster
A website that loads quickly is essential to provide a good user experience. Therefore, it's not surprising that search engines look at speed when determining the ranking of your website.
Here are some tips to make sure your store loads quickly:
· Improve your image. Ensure you only use the biggest files needed, and reduce media file size whenever possible.
· Configure caching. Caching stores a copy of your site's content on users' browsers to ensure it loads faster each time they revisit. It is possible to set this up using a plugin like WordPress Super Cache.
· You should think about using the possibility of a CDN. CDN allows you to store large files off-site, allowing a website to load more quickly. Also, it loads your site from servers distributed close to the location of every individual website visitor.
· Choose a good hosting service. This sets the foundation for a speedy website.
· Limit the number of plugins you have installed. The more plugins you install, the more code you have, and the greater the weight of your website. Only install the essential plugins in place and think about tools that offer multiple functions, like Jetpack.
· Update WordPress regularly, as well as your theme and your plugins. Updates typically have optimized code that loads quicker. Additionally, it's essential to ensure security and function.
What methods are you using to improve your SEO?
SEO is critical for an e-commerce website's success. To ensure your site is competitive, implementing the five tips discussed in this article can help you get ahead of the competition.
Start by optimizing page titles, meta descriptions, image alt tags, and URLs before moving on to content optimization and link-building strategies.
Combining these simple steps with other SEO strategies can drive more organic traffic to your website and improve your overall rankings in page search engine results.
Contact EWM today for the most superior SEO solutions around!